Information clause about personal data protection for students
- Personal Data Administrator
The administrator of your personal data is the University of Silesia in Katowice. You can contact the administrator by:
- post – address: ul. Bankowa 12, 40-007 Katowice.
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Data Protection Officer
You may contact him in all matters related to personal data processing and data processing rights by:
- post – address: ul. Bankowa 5, 40-007 Katowice
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purposes of processing and the legal basis for processing
We will process your personal data for the purposes resulting from the process of education.
In order to pursue such purposes we need to maintain contact with you by various means of communication including email, post, telephone. In addition, the process of education is supported by WWW services and social media sites addressed at academic community.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is art. 6 sec. 1 item a of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (general regulation on data protection):
For the legal obligation of the administrator to be fulfilled it is necessary you have given your express consent.
Providing personal data is voluntary, but necessary for the conduction of the recruitment process. If you do not provide the data, it will not be possible for you to complete the recruitment process.
An e-mail address and phone number is to protect your interests and enable quick contact in matters related to the process of education.
- The period of storage of personal data
We will store your personal data for a period of five years from the date of expiry of the teaching service provided to you.
- Recipients of data
Your personal data may be transferred to public authorities or entities entitled to obtain data on the basis of applicable law.
- Rights related to the processing of personal data and automated decision making
You have the following rights related to the processing of personal data:
- the right to withdraw the consent to data processing – withdrawal of the consent to the processing of personal data is equivalent to withdrawal from the recruitment procedure,
- right to access your personal data – during the recruitment process you have the access to your personal data via the Online Application System,
- the right to request the correction of your incorrect personal data and to supplement incomplete personal data,
- the right to request your personal data to be removed, in particular in case of withdrawal of consent for data processing, if there is no other legal basis for processing,
- the right to request the processing of your personal data to be limited,
- the right to object to the processing of your data, due to your special situation, in case where we are processing the data on the basis of our legally justified interest or for the purposes of direct marketing,
- the right to transfer your personal data, i.e. the right to receive your personal data from us, in a structured, universally used machine-readable information format. You may send this data to another data administrator or request that we send your data to another administrator – if such transfer is technically possible. The right to transfer personal data concerns only the data which we process in an automated manner on the basis of an agreement concluded with you or on the basis of your consent,
- the right not to be subject to solely automated decision-making – including profiling,
- the right to file a complaint to the supervisory body dealing with the protection of personal data, i.e. the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.
The right to withdraw consent
To the extent that your data is processed on the basis of consent – you have the right to withdraw the consent to the processing of data at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of the processing which was carried out on the basis of your consent before its withdrawal. You may withdraw the consent by sending a statement of withdrawal of consent to our mailing address or email address.
I declare that:
- I am fully responsible for data entered into the System,
- I have the obligation to protect my login and password against third party access and recommended periodical password change. In case above information are made available to an unauthorized person, I am fully responsible for managing my data.